Thursday, January 17, 2008

call-center girl's life



i've been working for eTel for almost 3 years now, and i can say that it had been an overwhelming learning experience for me, professionally and personally.

I started in an outbound campaign for a telecommunications giant - AT&T (merged at that time with Cingular). I was supposed to be in another campaign, Stealth, but they needed people in Excalibur and I was one of the lucky ones chosen. This paved the way for my call-center life. Needless to say, it turned my life around. It was a totally new experience to work during the wee hours of the morning let alone, sleep when there is still light and the whole metro is just buzzing to start their day. It was not hard. I actually find it easy to adapt to a different timezone and outrageously cold working area (perfect for dozing off, hah!). I was amazed at the environment, warm and friendly, but also stressful and not for the faint-of-heart.

unfinished...more to come

No comments: