Here are some benefits of Mineral Make-up:
- Mineral makeup takes its inspiration from minerals and inorganic pigments that exist in nature.Best of all, because mineral powders are inorganic and contain no moisture, bacteria do not grow and no preservatives are needed.
- It works on everyone! And every climate. Not only does it contain sunscreen, but cosmetic companies say Mineral Makeup works with humidity. So that means even if you sweat, your makeup stays put.
- It has a natural look and feel. Feels like second skin.
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties, helping heal, calm, and reduce redness in rosacea and acne prone skin types.
- Natural mineral cosmetics preservatives with anti-microbial capabilities that destroy and inhibit the growth of bacteria and microorganisms that can cause acne.
- Conceals, corrects, and covers most known skin discolorations and conditions while still allowing skin to breath.
- Has natural sun protection, with SPF.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines & wrinkles
I've actually digested a lot of information; and 2 weeks ago, I gave in to my cravings (parang food lang, well, they say it's even good enough to eat, well, am not gonna eat it, mind you!), and ordered from Lumiere and Everyday Minerals. I got the sample kit from Lumiere ( 4 foundation shades, 1 blush and 1 finishing powder) and I shelled out $9 only, it comes with free shipping. Pretty cheap right. It's in a small 5g jar and there's really a lot in there, i think it will last me about 3-4 weeks. With Everyday Minerals, I got the custom kit for $32 which includes 2 brushes (a flat-top and a long-handled kabuki), and full jars of foundation, blush, finishing silk powder & eyeshadow. I also got free sample jars of 2 shades of foundation, blush, concealer, plus EDM threw in a lot of other freebies, an eyelash comb/brush, a sooscho buki brush (i still don't know what this is for, i use it as a concealer brush, lol), a new blush they're gonna introduce soon, New Car Smell, this is a peachy bronzed blush. And on top off that, I got a 7% discount off my purchases! Yey! Talked about being generous and worth-my-money! Oh, and I also got a $5 coupon with Lumiere on my next purchase! These MMU companies are really hands-on, and they have the best customer service there is. I mean, we all get this SA's in make-up counters not really knowing what they're saying\, let alone help you pick the best product to suit your taste...well not all of them, but we get those once in a while right?! So these breed of small MMU companies are really a breath of fresh air. And they do offer the loveliest colors! I'm not so into make-ups before, but I have all the essentials and I'm intrigued by beauty and the zillion ways to prettify ourselves. So you can just imagine how mineral make-up piqued my ineterest big time especially since I've read a lot of raves and great feedbacks among its throng of followers!
I got my package exactly 9 days after, why this long, well my dear, these are companies based in the US and shipping takes time, let alone shipping cost! whoa! But let me tell you it's all worth it! The wait, the anxiety, the anticipation, and finally my orders are here! I feel exhilarated, exuberant! What the hell... I feel happy! Opening my package, there lies all the beautiful colors and I can't wait to try them all... But am still in the office so it will take a couple of hours or so before I can play with my new babies!